Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

Matthew, I am Bill and I have an old 1F80-51 themostat with

Customer Question

Hi Matthew, I am Bill and I have an old 1F80-51 themostat with a display that is very hard to read. Could you tell me what I could use a a replacement. I cannot find one for sale with this unit type number?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.
What kind of system do you have? Heat pump? Boiler? Or conventional split system with gas furnace and central AC?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tim,
I have a conventional split system with gas furnace and central AC. I can find an 1f81-261 that looks about the same as the
1f80-51, but I can't tell if it would work.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
You should have many choices in thermostats. If you want a programmable one, I recommend a Honeywell or White Rodgers. I can give you some possibilities if you like. You don't need an exact replacement for what you have. Many thermostats will work.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
The Honeywell Focus Pro is always a good choice. See here:
http://www.supplyhouse.com/Honeywell-TH5110D1006-The-FocusPRO-Non-Programmable-Digital-Thermostat-Premier-White-4087000-p