Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I'm finishing the install Hayward super pump,

Customer Question

Hi... I'm finishing the install
for a Hayward super pump, all water fittings in place.. I understand that the pump is 230v
ready and I have to change to 115v.
there is a small black connector with white arrow.
my question is...If I put the black connector pointing at 115v where I have to plug the black
cable (+) or do I have to disconnect the black plug and instead of it I plug directly to the connector.
Of coarse I'm working whit the main breacker off.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.
If you look closely, you should see a small arrow on the black plastic piece on the terminal block(jumper). That arrow lines up with either the 115 or 230 mark on the white terminal board. Make sure it is aligned with the 115.
Then put you two line wires on. It does not matter which wire goes to line 1 and line 2, just be sure you DO NOT put them both on the same terminal. A plastic divider usually seperates the two line connection terminals.
Is this the question you were asking?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I just connected as you instructed me just to clarify before put the power on.
I have to connect the black connector pointing to 115v and one cable to one side of the white plastic divider other to the other sideI'm I right?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Tim.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that is correct. Remember, AC voltage is not polarity sensitive, so doesn't matter which goes to which.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All right, Thank you.Enrique.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.