HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have three air units in my home. My home is 2800 square feet…

Customer Question
I have three air units...
I have three air units in my home. My home is 2800 square feet total heated which is divided between two floors. One (#1) is for the master bedroom that is located on the main floor, the second (#2) is for the remainder of the main floor, and the third (#3) is for the second floor. I have changed all the filters in teh returns. When I opened up #2 to check teh filter within the unit, it did not contain one.
Both units on the main floor (#1 & #2) have been struggling. #2 has a drip pan that continuosly fills up. I shop vac it out at least twice a day. I have also hooked my shop vac up to all outside lines to try and clear any clogs.
I have poured bleach down #2 main drain line and it drains ok. When I took the cover off of #2 the coils where frozen. I turned the unit off and let them thaw. Once they thawed I turned the unit back on. #1 & #2 were both at 80 degrees on the thermostat. After four hours, they had only cooled down to 79 degrees.
As a novice, I have done all I can. Any advice?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
I can go hoe at lucnh and make minor adjustments if i need to
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/16/2015
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 3 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.If there was no filter in system number 2 and coil is icing, you most likely have a dirty evaporator coil which will require having a tech recover the refrigerant, remove the coil and clean it.We can work here for no additional fees. Phone call will be an additional fee as I will be dedicating my time solely to you.Just let me know and I can present the additional service offer if you choose.(Phone call fee is 55.00)