HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Our freezer is too warm even though the temperature is set…

Customer Question
Our freezer is too warm...
Our freezer is too warm even though the temperature is set at 0 degrees F. What can be wrong?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/16/2015
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 3 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

The unit may have a freon leak if the freezer is warm and not O degrees, or possibly the evaporator could be really frosted over due to a defrost issue causing the problem. You would really need to remove the panel in the freezer to expose the evaporator and check it out to see. If it is only partially frosty and the rest is bare aluminum then you have a leak if it is all frosted over then you have a defrost issue.