HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Thermostat is completely off. Does not register air conditioning…

Customer Question
thermostat is completely off. Does...
thermostat is completely off. Does not register air conditioning or heat. Model No TH3110D 1008-0746. Does the thermostat take a battery or is this a bigger problem?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/13/2015
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Welcome to 2 hours help.

Up to 48 hours trouble shooting and coaching on repairs $38 additional if you approve it at that time.

Its a bigger problem, 98% of the time with the cooling equipment itself, in this case you will need to be handy with a multi meter...then with a photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the air handler service panel I can coach you to a diagnosis... most of those thermostats do have a back up memory battery in them, you can of course replace that as a first step and let me know how that goes.
Or... if you can tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I can find you a well rated local service company.
Let me know, we can go from there.
.
Thanks Phil, but I am a mere mortal woman who only knows how to flip the switch on the breaker and take off the thermostat cover. I will have to call my local technician.
Good luck with it. There is no need to respond to this note, our server will just force me to answer your acknowledgement. endlessly.
.
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer