HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I looking to replace my AC in the house. I currently have…

Customer Question
I looking to replace my...
I looking to replace my AC in the house. I currently have a unit which is 30 years old for just ac and am using gas heat. My question is should I go with different zones in the house with ac and heat or just replace the unit with a 5 ton for the ac and keep the heat gas? Which one will be more cost affect and require less maintenance?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/13/2015
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 3 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Are there parts of the house that you do not need heated or cooled for certain periods?

I would like heat and ac in the whole house

I would not recommend zoning if you want to keep house conditioned all the time. The only way a zoned system helps is if you want to only cool or heat one section at a time.