HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Ac won't come on. goodman hvac card flashing 6 times. im in front of the open hvac n…

Customer Question
ac won't come on....
ac won't come on. goodman hvac card flashing 6 times. im in front of the open hvac now, but i'm not sure what everthing is called.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/11/2015
HVAC Technician: Tim H., HVAC Professional replied 3 years ago
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!
If you take the bottom panel off the furnace, where the circuit board is, there is a pull out fuse. Is this blown?
the pull out fuse (3 amp) is blown. when i replace it with a good 3 amp it blows right away. 5 amp does nothing.
On the board, look for the spot where all the thermostat wires attach. Write down where each of them go, then remove them all. Replace the fuse. Does it still blow?
no it does not. and i get a solid red light
OK, hook everything back up except the A/C wires (Y terminal). Does it still blow?