Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Goodman ac/heat not working. Replaced thermostat, checked fuses,

Customer Question

Goodman ac/heat not working. Replaced thermostat, checked fuses, checked breaker, nothing
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!
Is inside blower running when calling for cooling? Do you have access to a voltmeter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't hear it blowing on heat or ac. Yes we have a volt meter. We have checked the fuses with it so far...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also I read a previous session on this site saying something about the little car type fuse. It looks fine. No blackening and the little a looks inteact
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
OK, then there is a playing card shaped thing called your pri***** *****mit switch which may be "open". Do you see it inside the unit? It has two wires attached.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
The limit can be seen in this parts manual as item #371.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Here is a picture of what the pri***** *****mit will look like. Turn furnace power off, take the two leads off this switch and tape the metal ends together then power back on. See if the 6 flash code goes away.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do they call it possibly a roll out switch? Diagram shows something that looks like your picture...
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Let's try working with the pri***** *****mit first.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm just trying to figure out which one to look at. The picture you gave doesn't look like what's in my manual. Though it does look like a metal playing card with two rods coming out of the back.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Can you upload a picture of the one you are referring to?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
If you look at page 10 of this manual, it will show you the location of the pri***** *****mit and what it looks like. (item #371)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, what should I do with that?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Didn't you see my post (above)? Here is a picture of what the pri***** *****mit will look like. Turn furnace power off, take the two leads off this switch and tape the metal ends together then power back on. See if the 6 flash code goes away.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, got caught up in my manual trying to make sure of right thing to check. We will try that and see what happens. im more familiar with pool heaters than home furnaces. I know I would bypass the pressure switch to see if it were bad, but not all things apply the same. I'll get back to u after I test.- Anne
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
OK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We found it. What is the volt meter suppose to be set on? And the leads at the wire ends are plastic on the outside. Do we need to make the wires contact each Other?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, make the metal ends of the wires connect together. Let's not worry about the voltmeter right now. Make sure you shut power off first before connecting, then turn back on.