HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My name is ***** ***** fall I replaced the thermostat with

Customer Question
hi my name is *****...
hi my name is ***** ***** fall I replaced the thermostat with a rth6350 . I didn't mark the wires I hooked y to y. R to r etc. Now my ac will not start outside fan run all the time. Trane HP unit . I think I have wiring wrong....I have a white. Red. .orang . .yellow. .green. . and brown wires at wall
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/10/2015
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.If thermostat is engaging contactor, sounds like issue is not going to be with thermostat.AS fan and compressor should come on together.Can you take a photo of the contactors and capacitor in outdoor unit?
Capacitors new....took contactor to have tested at supplier was OK.... Called Honeywell ..said there thermos wired different
HVAC Technician: Tim H., HVAC Professional replied 2 years ago
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!
Did you still need assistance with this?
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer