HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have a TopTech T855 thermostat HEIL heating and

Customer Question
We have a TopTech T855...
We have a TopTech T855 thermostat for our HEIL heating and cooling unit. The fan runs when we program the thermostat to cool but the HEIL unit won't turn on the fan for the air conditioning to run. How do I get the fan to run when I program the thermostat?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/9/2015
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.PLease explain a bit more.If you turn thermostat to fan on, the blower runs, but if you turn to AC, blower does not run? Also is this a new installation of thermostat ot has it been working and quit?
Well, it's a new unit and a new thermostat. It only has cool mode and the AC fans on the new unit won't run even if we turn the cooling mode on the thermostat.
Lets do this. Go to thermostat.Remove R and G wire and touch them together and tell me if fan comes on.
okay hold on let me do this
Standing by.If you can take a photo of thermostat showing wires also might help.If you have a paper clip icon on your page you can attach using that link.Or
You can upload the pictures using the tiny pic site .
Here is a link to the site.
http://tinypic.com/
Click on Browse , select the file from your folder.then click UPLOAD NOW.
They will give you a quote to enter in the box to verify you are a human.Enter the quote and click UPLOAD NOW
You will see your picture on right side of screen.
Then copy the link URL for email & IM
Paste that link here on the site.
airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician