HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My tappan ac isn't working, the fan blows but no cool air.

Customer Question
My tappan ac isn't working...
My tappan ac isn't working, the fan blows but no cool air. I been tryingto surf the web to find out the problem. So far no hope.... I also bbelieve its a split unit?.. because the fan is outside(which looks like an older simpler model).. yet the power wires run to the main hous circuit box and plus the furnace area has the ac wired components plus it cleary states tappan ac.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/9/2015
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 3 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment.Do you have a multi meter for testing voltage? If not you can get an inexpensive one at Walmart for about 15 bucks, if you have or would like to obtain a meter to troubleshoot , I will be happy to guide you.Without a meter , there are a limited number of things we can check if you are able to do a visual inspection and can do some hands on troubleshooting.Please let me know and we can go from here.