HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have the same No power (display) on my thermostat problem…

Customer Question
I have the same No...
I have the same No power (display) on my thermostat problem as the thread I was just reading. My downstairs thermostat works fine. Upstairs thermostat is blank. They are identical, so I switched them and the upstairs thermostat works fine downstairs. I have checked all breakers I can find. What else can I look for?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/9/2015
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 3 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.
1. Do you have 2 separate systems for upstairs and down?
2.What is model on indoor unit upstairs?.
Yes we have 2 separate systems. 2 furnaces in the attic and 2 air conditioners outside. Not sure what indoor unit upstairs means. Do you mean the thermostat?
The model on the furnace that the thermostat controls. I want to pull a manual and see if maybe there is a small 3 or 5 amp auto type fuse in furnace that could be the problem.If we are not getting a display, we probably are not getting power from the furnace.
I will have to pick this up later. I am not at home and do not know the model of the furnace. No one is home to go in the attic and check the model.
THat is fine.Just come back to the question and we can go from here. While in attic go ahead and remove blower panel and see if there is a small auto type fuse plugged onto furnace control board and check to see if it is blown. See links below:
http://i.imgur.com/kYe4Epz.png
http://i.imgur.com/zOpm9aP.png
ok thank you. talk later.
Look forward to hearing back