Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Tom. My Trane blower is behaving badly. At times the blower

Customer Question

Hi Tom. My Trane blower is behaving badly. At times the blower won't kick on when the thermostat tells it to. The compressor and outside unit are spinning crazy but the cold air isn't getting moved around. What might be the problem?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Are you saying outdoor is working properly, just not blowing inside? If so please give me model on the indoor unit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
TWE042C14FC0
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is blowing sometimes, just not consistently
Do you have a volt meter to see if we are getting 240 volts to the motor when it is not running?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'd have to wait for it to act up, it's intermittent. It occurred very early in the morning and again about 9 am but it's working now it seems
Troubleshooting an intermittent can often be frustrating.Usually when the tech gets there, it works right and acts up 20 minutes after he leaves.Lets leave the question open and when it acts up. lets start by seeing if we are getting the 240 volts and motor not running or if we are failing to get the voltage to the motor.That will guide us in which way to go next.