HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I had a Honeywell programmable thermostat Model RTH230B

Customer Question
installed 1.5 years ago....
I had a Honeywell programmable thermostat Model RTH230B installed 1.5 years ago. I have been running the system in manual mode. I turn the A/C off at night and use it only when I am working in my office.
Today the temperature is 92 F. outside and all of a sudden my A/C system shut off. I followed the instructions for replacing the AA batteries as listed. However, when I removed the old batteries I failed to turn the system switch OFF. However, the unit was not running when I did this. I fetched my User Guide and then followed the right protocol for installing 2 brand new Duracell AA batteries. The battery icon still shows. I reset the Hour and Minutes and the Day on the screen. BUT THE SYSTEM WILL NOT GO BACK ON. Thanks for your help. Michael XXXX, New Orleans LA.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/7/2015
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 3 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.OK issue may not be with thermostat.Does indoor or outdoor either one come on by thermostat?
Dear *****,I just swapped the AA batteries and reset the time and day, and after about 5 minutes the unit kicked on.
I solved my own problem.
Thanks,
Michael
No problem.You may request a refund if you would like.
Dear *****,
I would like a refund. Thanks for your help.
Michael
Not a problem Glad you got it working.