HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have a White Rodgers thermostat that we think may just need…

Customer Question
We have a White Rodgers...
We have a White Rodgers thermostat that we think may just need to be reset - AC unit is not starting, and we had a bad thunderstorm on Friday with lightning. Before calling a tech, wondered if there was a way to reset the thermostat to see if problem is there - nothing else seems to be wrong.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/7/2015
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Russ here. Welcome. I am here to help. Please do not rate until you are satisfied with answer. Always available for follow up questions
Does fan run in on position. Heat pump or gas heat.
Hold up and down button at same time and move selector switch from heat to off several times and this will reset thermostat
That did reset the thermostat, but the AC unit did not kick on. I guess it's time to call the HVAC company. Thanks for the info, though - it was worth a try!
Fan does not run in either position. Not sure what kind of AC it is - new house, and previous owners left no info on the system...
Oh...sorry -- gas heat...
If you want yo open door on furnace and check the fuse on furnace board. It isa a 3 or 5 amp auto type. You can look thru hole in door and see if you have a red light flashing. Russ
We actually have a boiler - the heat is radiant heat through the pipes in the slab floor. Is that suggestion relevant here?
Do you have a voltmeter. Russ
I don't know if my husband has one or not. I think at this point we are going to need to just get an HVAC service person over to the new place. Thanks for all your help, though.
You are welcome. Russ
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer