airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

My transformer on my Bryant 90 plus furnace went bad (open

Customer Question

My transformer on my Bryant 90 plus furnace went bad (open Primary). Replaced it, now red diode stays on and have very rapid buzzing sound, like a relay turning on and off. Considering replacing the control board. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Bill
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.The continuous on of the red is normal. That simply indicates power is on. As for the buzzing if it is same even buzz, can just be transformer needs to be secured a bit tighter to cabinet.If an actual clicking , we need to determine where the relay is that is clicking.If it is one of the fan relays (Black boxes on board), you will have to replace board.