HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Vaillant 831 which recently stop igniting the

Customer Question
Hello, I have a Vaillant...
Hello, I have a Vaillant 831 which recently stop igniting the spark sequence is taking place but it's still not igniting. Help please.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/6/2015
HVAC Technician: Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will try and sort your problem in the shortest possible time.
Can you tell me how long from when the fan starts to when it locks out?
The fan runs for 5 minutes while the ignition sparks
The fan starts imedectly I switched the boiler and go to a lock out after 5 to 6 minutes
What do I have to do to get this working
Does it ramp up and down a couple of times before lock out?
Can you hear it trying light - like ticking?
Yes
I can see the spark
And it will try to light but gose out instantly
Does it light at all?
It sounds like it does not know it is lit even if it lights.
You may just need your electrodes cleaning to produce a hotter spark and let the PCB know it is lit.
You will get these cleaned as part of a boiler service (at least you should do)
I will try this and get back to you by Monday thanks
No problem - come back if you get stuck
Ok I will let you know by tomorrow
Ok, thanks
I have cleaned the spark electrode and the heat exchanger still not working is it anything to do with the daveter valve
No, if the divertor valve was faulty it would not even try to spark.
With the cover off can you see if it actually lights at all?
No
Could it be the gas valve
It could be if the pilot is not lighting at all.
Have you tried using a match when the boiler is trying to light?
No how am going to do that when the heat exchanger is sealed and close
Ok, can you take the spark electrodes out and see if they spark when you try and restart.
Can you check the gas valve for voltage when trying to light?
Ok I will try this first thing in the morning when I am at the property tomorrow.
Let me know
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, HVAC Technician