HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I bought a Hayward HP50HA. It telling me to adjust the bypass…

Customer Question
I bought a Hayward HP50HA...
I bought a Hayward HP50HA. It telling me to adjust the bypass valve to obtain a difference of 2 degree between the water inflow and outflow temperatures. Do I need to do this?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/6/2015
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 3 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Russ here. Welcome. I am here to help. Please do not rate until you are satisfied with answer. Always available for follow up questions. You want the bypass valve approx 1/2 way open. I have adjusted dozens and this works very well. Russ
Russ, I do not have a bypass valve. I do have a shut off on the input and outputs of heat pump. Do I need to have the 2 degree difference or could I do this by adjusting the shut off valves on the input and output. I really do not want to install a bypass valve.
You can just back down on the inlet not the outlet. Will not take much 1/4 turn. Russ