HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a lennox heat pump. It has aprogrammable thermostat…

Customer Question
I have a lennox heat...
I have a lennox heat pump. It has aprogrammable thermostat model L221407hp. Everytime the power goes off I need to reset the thermostat or there is no heat in the house. I have to pick the day of the week and press enter. It I was to go away in the winter it could cause me issues. Any possible solutions. Thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/4/2015
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 3 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Have you looked to see if the thermostat has batteries that can be replaced?Many digital thermostats have a place for batteries even if 24 volt controlled.The batteries normally will retain memory and settings even during power loss. If this older thermostat does not have them, you may want to consider upgrading to a newer thermostat that does.
I found the following information on your thermostat. If you are losing the memory and having to reset thermostat,it sounds like it is probably time to replace the thermostat or if accessible maybe a lithium battery on control board inside ,as the electronics built in should be keeping your program indefinitely.
See link below:
http://i.imgur.com/GeMK0QY.png