How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 6022
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are renting a home with a Rheem RGPN-07NAMGR furnace. When

Customer Question

We are renting a home with a Rheem RGPN-07NAMGR furnace. When I opened to change furnace filter, I found an opening going directly over the crawl space with the return air vent coming off that space. The filter had fallen into the space and appears to be basically a frameless piece of cardboard with the filter which was just laying over the top of the opening. The size is 16 x 25. I then discovered a small flip door which looks like it might be a rack for a filter. Can you direct me as to what is the correct filter for this furnace. It appears that when we just lay the filter over the opening, it gets sucked into the crawlspace. Guidance?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 2 years ago.
Russ here. Welcome. I am here to help. Please do not rate until you are satisfied with answer. Always available for follow up questions Is opening for return in in wall or floor. Russ