HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We are renting a home with a Rheem RGPN-07NAMGR furnace. When…

Customer Question
We are renting a home...
We are renting a home with a Rheem RGPN-07NAMGR furnace. When I opened to change furnace filter, I found an opening going directly over the crawl space with the return air vent coming off that space. The filter had fallen into the space and appears to be basically a frameless piece of cardboard with the filter which was just laying over the top of the opening. The size is 16 x 25. I then discovered a small flip door which looks like it might be a rack for a filter. Can you direct me as to what is the correct filter for this furnace. It appears that when we just lay the filter over the opening, it gets sucked into the crawlspace. Guidance?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/3/2015
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 3 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Russ here. Welcome. I am here to help. Please do not rate until you are satisfied with answer. Always available for follow up questions Is opening for return in in wall or floor. Russ