HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a whirlpool gas dryer, I have replaced the gas valve…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool gas...
I have a whirlpool gas dryer, I have replaced the gas valve coils, and thought I has checked all the thermostats / thermal fuse, what happens is the igniter glows, the gas valve clicks, gas comes on, burns correctly about 5-7 minutes, then the gas shuts off, once the unit gets back to room temp , you can stop the dryer and restart and the gas comes back on and does the same thing
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/3/2015
HVAC Technician: Tim H., HVAC Professional replied 3 years ago
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.
A weak ignitor can cause this issue.