HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a york model CZH03611B that the condesing unit shows…

Customer Question
I have a york model...
I have a york model CZH03611B that the condesing unit shows a flashing yellow trouble light. When I manually push in the contactor the compressor starts but the condensor fan does not turn on. How do I confrirm the fan is bad? or is this where I should start?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/1/2015
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 3 years ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
hello,

before we start...do you have a voltmeter?
Yes I do... Not great with it but might be able to follow directions
Thank you.
first...you have main power wires going into unit..then you have small thermostat wire from the indoor unit going into the outdoor unit...is that thermostat wire using 2 or 4 wires ?
4... Blue; red; yellow; and black
great...attached to r,c,y and y1?
I am not figural with r,c,y and y1. I cannot seem to find those markings on the unit. Is there a way to take a photo and send?
yes of course....take pic and post....it is where the 4 wires attach is where we begin
The wire go to some kind of control unit (that has the yelow led "trouble" light.
Yellow goes to compressor; black and red go to the control box and blue goes to the contactor
ok,
there are many options and it appears you have a surge or quiet alert board. A pic or number off the board would help
The condenser fan unplugs and I have it unplugged at the moment.
The box says Comfort alert
got it...I am very familiar with that..how many times is light blinking?
i had to reconnect the fan and when I turned it back on it seems to have stated up and is working. Is it possible that I just had to kill power to reset? the lights were blinking before, however, I can not recall how many licks in each session.now it is running with no lights flashing, just the power on solid
The control protects against high pressure , low pressure, short cycling..etc.
I am attaching a link to the guide so if it happens again you will know what is happening and then can address it.
Comfort Alert Troubleshooting link below
http://www.emersonclimate.com/Documents/Comfort%20Alert/Res%20Comfort%20Alert%20User%20Manual%202006ECT-54%20-%20Troubleshooting%20Guide.pdf
Many thanks...
you are welcome...just rate service and I will move from active list.
Thank you
Billy
Hello.
I still have the thread as an open on my list.
Did you have more questions? Or trouble rating service?
Billy