HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a rheem air handler the compressor runs

Customer Question
I have a rheem air...
I have a rheem air handler for ac only the compressor runs the coil inside gets cold but no fan I have 120 volts inside and 24 volta on the other sode of transformer but fan won't start
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
THE FAN SPINS AND ISNT BURNT OUT
5/31/2015
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 3 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.MOst Rheem air handlers use 230 volt motors.What is model on air handler.
RBHA-17A00NHDA
115 VOLT
OK I have the wiring diagram on my desk. Tell me if you are getting 120 volts between the black high sped wire and the white common wire on the motor coming from the relay.
how do I I d the high speed wire ?
Your motor should have 5 wires. The 2 browns go to the capacitor. White is your common, black is high speed and red is low speed(Low spreed is capped off)WE want to check with one probe to white and one probe to black.
when I powered up the unit to check it started I guess it re set itself
how much do I owe you ?
Excellent. Just watch it and let me know if you have any more issues we will go from here.