HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an old trane heatpump and the fan has stopped moving.

Customer Question
Yesterday it made noise like...
I have an old trane heatpump and the fan has stopped moving. Yesterday it made noise like it worked when I turned it on, but today just a little buzzing. I was going to replace the capacitors, but then I saw 2 of them? I didn't see them sold in pairs? Did I see correctly?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
also, given there is only a low barely audible hum coming out now, does that mean there is probably something else wrong too? If s, what else? Would capacitors cause something else to break if left running? Also I only saw a small bulge on the top of the big capacitor, the size of an eraser head, the small on seemed to look ok from glancing at it. I didn't remove either one of them.
5/30/2015
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Welcome!
This is going to take both training and trouble shooting guidance, I will submit an additional services offer for that.
.