HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a old unit model #599c090040pacdh what is my best replacement…

Customer Question
I have a old unit...
I have a old unit model #599c090040pacdh what is my best replacement option
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
Bryant model #599c090040pacdh serial #4477g00108 prod #599cg0090040agcs
5/28/2015
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Welcome!
I need the local climate, tell me which direction you are from the nearest city for that.
I need the size of your house and how old the current AC system is.
and if you are willing to pay a 50% more for 10% better performance and 25% lower operating costs.
We can go from there, if I miss you tonight I will pick your response up in the morning.
.
Bensenville il close to Chicago IL I have 2 units same model # ***** a office space 5000 Sq ft don't know how old are they was hoping you can tel me that from serial & prod #
Hello again,
Mfg date is 44th week of 1977. Installation will most likely be a year or two later.
The model number is ***** old to be posted on line, I can indeed find it in a 2 or 3 hour search or by calling the factory.
However you can read the BTU rating off of the same name plate you got the model number from, input btu/hr and output btu/hr for heating...and if these are packaged units on the roof there will be a cooling rating as well in btu/hr.
Tell me a bit about the building, one story or two etc. and if all of the equipment is in two separate units on the roof or not.
that will work a lot better.
They are rooftop units I will get the btu,s tomorrow morning. Most fun part heating and cooling is electric 3 phase
If you can take a well focused photo of the unit name plate, and 3 or 4 photo's of the bottom of one of the units where it meets the roof. with a tape measure laid out along the side and across the end... and a distance shot of the units from 15 feet away, that will help a lot.
If the units are electric *resistance* heat, not heat pumps, you can save 40 to 50% or more on your heating bill by replacing those with 'heat pumps'
If these units are sitting on curbs, with no visible ducting, then getting an exact drop in fit is going to be difficult.. in that case we will have to select the HVAC contractor who is going to do the job to fit a new unit to the curb and its duct connections coming out the bottom. at age 37 it is unlikely Bryant or Carrier has a drop in replacement.
Tell me please if there is natural gas service in your area or not.
.