HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an error condition "C2A1537" on a 13ACX unit.

Customer Question
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
5/27/2015
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Welcome!
That is unusual for a Lennox error code, tell me please where it is showing up.
So far it looks like the outside unit off on its high pressure cut out switch... the button is hidden behind a 1/2" hole in the cabinet in the area where the wiring attaches in most cases.... or its out of refrigerant or is not getting 24v control power, or 240v line power.
Tell me a bit about your trouble shooting skills and if you have a multi meter or not. We can go from there.
.
There is a small display that scrolls the letters/numbers. We were able to reset the coolant on the outdoor unit.
Hello again,
It sounds like you pressed a reset button on the outside unit and the unit began working again, is that correct?
That happens if you turn the AC on in the spring without removing its weather cover if you had on it.... if you had no weather cover protecting the outside unit in the winter..... then the condenser needs cleaning... that is the aluminum finned heat exchanger that surrounds the unit on 2 or 3 sides.
To clean that, go to Lowes or Home Depot or any large hardware store and ask for 'foam coil cleaner' and use that to clean the coil.
I am posting two video's below, copy/paste each one to your browser to view them. this will give you an overview of the entire situation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLN28ZcV4L0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDtT6hSpV4s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6xmokKNxNg
If you do not want to do this yourself, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will located a few well rated companies that will do the job for you.
-------------
We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge.
Thanks
Let me know if that solves the problem or not, we can go from there as needed without any time limits.
.Please do not forget to rate once we have solved the problem, it is how I earn a living and does not increase your charges.