HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Lennox elite m/n g23q3-100-4 . The pilot light

Customer Question
Hello, I have a Lennox elite...
I have a Lennox elite m/n g23q3-100-4 . The pilot light is out and I don't know what to do next.
With the thermostat on I hear a buzzing sound. No spark and no gas smell
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
5/25/2015
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 3 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Is the exhaust fan running? do you have a multi-meter?
Exhaust fan is not running
I have a multimeter
Do you have power to the exhaust fan? or is it hot to touch?
Not sure if there's power to exhaust fan
Everything is cold
I mentioned the fan being hot since that would indicate it was dead if it wasn't running. You still need to check the voltage to the fan. Also jump the R & W terminals on the terminal strip if you have no power to the fan. Then push the blower door switch in so it closes the switch then test for 24 volts either across the 24v & COM terminals lower right on the control board or from R on the terminal strip to chasis ground (any bare metal on the unit).