HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Have CT 3200A 1001 PF2B Been in service years

Customer Question
Have CT 3200A 1001...
Have CT 3200A 1001 PF2B Been in service for 7 years Worked fine.
Now, no cycle works. Changed batteries Illuminated window lites ok.
Seems to be that no signal is sent to a/c nor heater.. Have checked all electric
shut off switches, etc. What am I doing incorrectly? Thanks *****
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
5/23/2015
HVAC Technician: Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician replied 3 years ago
Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Hi, I'm Brian and I'm here to help!
You may not be doing anything incorrectly. Sometimes electronic thermostats just get confused, for lack of a better term, and need to be reset. That thermostat has one of the more strange ways of reset. You take the batteries out and install them backwards in the battery holder for 10 seconds. Remove the batteries and reinstall them the correct way. This does a hardware reset on the thermostat. Hopefully that will take care of it. You will have to reprogram your thermostat if it does. If it doesn't the thermostat has probably failed and will need to be replaced.
Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician