HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I just purchased a Focuspro 6000 5-1-1 (TH622OD1028) to replace…

Customer Question
I just purchased a Focuspro...
I just purchased a Focuspro 6000 5-1-1 (TH622OD1028) to replace TH622OD1002.(Code0932) I understand it is compatible?? I only replaced the thermostat not the wall plate. The inside temperature reads 2-3 degrees warmer than the old thermostat. I have batteries in both.
How can I check which temp is right?
Thank You
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
5/21/2015
HVAC Technician: Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician replied 3 years ago
Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Hi, I'm Brian and I'm here to help!
The thermostats are paired with their particular bases and should remain as a pair. That may have something to do with it. The thermostat that is attached to a base and on the wall will be sensing conducted heat by the wall, and possibly air behind the wall if the hole in the wall is not sealed, which may be different than the air around the thermostat which is not attached to the wall. I can't really tell you which is accurate without a reading from a calibrated thermometer placed right next to them.
Without looking up the manual for the -1002 I can't tell you if that model can be calibrated but I know the -1028 model has a calibration feature in it. I would first pair the -1028 with the base it came with. Then after installing and allowing it to acclimate I would measure the temperature at the location with a known accurate thermometer and adjust the calibration to match the thermometer. This is how a tech would handle this situation in the field.
_____________________________________________
Let me know if I can help further. Otherwise, please remember to rate me positively before you leave today. Experts don't get paid without a positive rating! Bonuses are always appreciated!