HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Carrier furnace connected to an Infinity thermostat

Customer Question
and we're installing a Goodman...
I have a Carrier furnace connected to an Infinity thermostat and we're installing a Goodman A/C unit. How to we connect he A/C unit to the thermostst?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
5/16/2015
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Russ here. Welcome. I am here to help. Please do not rate until you are satisfied with answer. Always available for follow up questions. On furnace you should have another set of terminals that are YRWCG Just connect outside wire to them. If it is cooling only just connect outside unit to Y and C .. Russ
But the thermostat doesn't recognize the ac unit
There is an interface board you will need to purchase that will work with system. The thermostat will recognize board and the board will control unit. Or you can buy another thermostat and get rid of the Infinity stat. Russ
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer