HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

What is the best garage heater setup one can do so even on

Customer Question
the coldest days of winter...
What is the best garage heater setup one can do so even on the coldest days of winter I can run and have the garage door open, but still wear shorts and flip flops?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
I like to hang in my man cave/bar in my garage at night. Some nights are cold so it makes it uncomfortable. What can I do to heat the place up so even if its cold, I can rock a tee shirt shorts and flip flops and be comfortable?
5/15/2015
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
A gas fired unit heater is probably your best bet. The size of the unit depends on how cold it gets and the size of the garage and the open door.
For a 430 sq.ft. garage any suggestions on what products I should be looking at specifically?
I have no idea what's available where you are. Modine and Reznor are the major brands. If you'd like me to size a unit for you I need the info mentioned above "how cold it gets and the size of the garage and the open door" also what insulation you have in floor's walls & ceiling as well as ceiling height and total length of outside walls. If you'd like me to do the heat loss calculations I'll post an additional services offer.
Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor