gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

My LUXPRO Thermostat (psd1111) will not stay on the desired

Customer Question

My LUXPRO Thermostat (psd1111) will not stay on the desired cooling setting of 70 t0 72 degrees. It wants to jump up to 77 or 78. When I run it back down to 70 it goes back to 77 or 78 again in a few seconds. Please help it is 10:30 PM in Louisiana and I need cooling tonight. thanks.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 2 years ago.
Russ here. Welcome. I am here to help. Please do not rate until you are satisfied with answer. Always available for follow up questions. The Lux pro is reverting back to room temperature. You are setting it correctly. If the room is 78 and the temp you set is 72 it will revert back to room temp even though you set at 72 . Does not mean the thermostat is not working but problem with equipment. Is fan inside running. Turn to on and see if it will run. Russ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes fan is running.
Check outside unit and see if it is running. If fan is running in cool and outside unit is not. You have a control or power problem. Start with float switch in drain line to see if it is tripped. Russ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, outside condenser unit is running and it is blowing cool air inside now. Dennis
Everything working ok now. Remember when you set temp thermostat has 5 minute delay. Russ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, thanks.
You are welcome> russ
If I have helped with question please press accept. I do not get paid unless you do. Russ