Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have a Burnham 140000 btu gas boiler mod es2. I had the

Customer Question

I have a Burnham 140000 btu gas boiler mod es2. I had the heat turned down low while we were away for a few monthy and the heat remained on. Last night before I turned the circulator switch back on ( modified tyco panel ) I drained my hot water heater before turning the circulator for the indirect heater back on. No heat at all in the boiler...tried turning the main shutoff on / off . getting a err 56 code and a sea 19.....tried the little switch on the damper to try for a manual op,..no good what sayeth ye ?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
Both errors are damper related. Given your description I'd say you have a faulty damper
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there a way to open the damper manually and leave it like that for a day so I can get some hot water ? Today being Sunday etc... Are the dampers difficult to install ?
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
If the damper doesn't respond to the switch on the motor then you have no other options. Dampers are easy to install. Just disconnect the end of cable at connector and remove the vent piping from the top of the damper then the damper from the vent below it.