Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I got to your site searching a previous answer re a Buderus

Customer Question

I got to your site searching a previous answer re a Buderus leaking. Last night I shut boiler. Today I closed I shut 4 valves including the expansion tank - still leaking so obviously I ma missing something. Suggestions? I notice you are MA based. I am in Marlboro, you? Thanks - David
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
Is the boiler itself leaking or is the leak coming from the pressure relief valve? In either case you need to shut off the water feed to the boiler. It's likely a 1/2" line with these 2 devices in the line (see pics) or similar near the boiler. There will be at least 1 shut off on that line. That's the one you need to shut off to stop water flowing into the system. It may take a little while for the pressure to dissipate and the leak to stop altogether
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
I have to step away for a few minutes. Let me know if you have more questions. I respond when I return.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is coming from inside - but now that valves to expansions and furnace are off - it has stoppedhow can I be sure it is expansion and not a leak in boilerare you close to Marlboro MA?
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
I'm in SE NH. If you're asking because you'd like my assistance onsite, that's not possible. If it's leaking under the boiler then expansion has nothing to do with it. You could have a defect in the heat exchanger. If this was an expansion issue then the leak would be from the pressure relief valve not from the boiler itself.
Expert:  Rick replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any more questions?