airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have A Rheem Criterion 11. Replaced the control board, (old

I have A Rheem Criterion 11. Replaced the control board, (old pt #62-24140-02 new#6224140-04) exaust motor runs no ignition. The only difference is where the cool,heat fan wires go on any ideas?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll do my best to help. Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment. Let's get started and see what we can do.
Are you getting a flash code on the control board? If so how many blinks between pause?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I WILL NEED TO TURN IT ON BE RIGHT BACK

OK, We will go from here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tHHE FLASHES ON OK LIGHT ARE 2 THEN PAUSE

Ok, the 2 flashes indicates the pressure switch is not closing.
Do this.
Remove the rubber hose from the inducer motor. Leave attached to pressure switch. Turn thermostat to call for heat. Allow inducer to start then suck on the rubber hose and see if pressure switch will close and burners light. Keep sucking on the hose to keep a vacuum on the switch.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tHE BURNERS LITE STOPED SUCKING WENT OUT DID IT AGAIN AND BURNERS ARE STILL ON

Sounds like problem is with that pressure switch. Clean out the rubber hose and fittings where it connects and make sure no debris partially blocking and lets see if it will stay running.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

CLEANED OUT INDUCER HOLE WITH PAPER CLIP BURNERS ON AT PRESENT ALL IS WILL SURE DO APPRECIATE THE GREAT HELP I ASSUME MOVING THE WIRES AROUND TO MATCH THE NEW BOARD IS OK BUY THE WAY WITH THE OLD BOARD NO INDUCER MOTOR AND NO OK LIGHT ON THANKS AGAIN XXXXX COULD THE FAN HOUSING AND IMPELLERS BE DIRTY IS IT POSSIBLE TO REMOVE AND CLEAN THE UNIT IS 11 YEARS OLD

Hopefully everything will be ok now. It is unusual for enough dust to build up on the little blower in inducer since heat burns it off, however, the will rust if metal blades. I have seen then fall completely apart.If you have further issues, might be worthwhile to remove the inducer and check them.