Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I have a Propane Heatilator unit ADI60 and the wall switch

I have a Propane Heatilator unit ADI60 and the wall switch control WSK-MLT unit will no longer make contact to turn the unit on. All the other functions on the wall unit continue to function just fine. You can push in the flame top right button and there is just no contact. Options are?

Rick :

Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your issue.

There are several possible culprits

Rick :

The most common would be a weak thermopile. The thermopile is one of the flame sensors in the pilot flame. It's what generates all the voltage to power the gas control valve which turns the burner on. If it gets weak it will no longer generate enough power to open the gas valve

Rick :

Next most likely is a defective wall switch

Rick :

The less likely possibilities are a faulty gas control valve or possibly a clogged main burner orifice

Customer:

Yes, we replaced the thermopile last year and the unit worked this year and only recently I cannot get the flame push button on the wall control to make contact with the internal points to fire up the base plate. I think I need a new control unit where do you get a unit at a price that is most inexpensive?

Rick :

This pricey switch is not available in many places this is the only vendor I could find

http://www.qualitydist.net/htl-wsk-mlt-htl.html

Customer:

Rick,

Customer:

Rick, not a much help but appreciate your input.