BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Furnace clicks once,wont start,constant red flashes.Jumped

Furnace clicks once,won't start,constant red flashes.Jumped R &W and hf is working but nonstop.What's the problem?What has to be replaced?
Russ here.. If you jump R to W does it still work.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

With R to W jumper furnace works,but manually controlled,means I have to turn it off when it gets too hot.Because I jumped start,the thermostat is not working;it not in control.The HSI light is still flashing red even when the furnace is working..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today

If the furnace works when bypassing the thermostat, the problem is at the thermostat or a broken wire/bad connection to the thermostat. Are you jumping it out at the stat or the furnace? Has the t-stat been replaced?

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

T-stat has been replaced..Yes,I am jumping it at the furnace.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.

First of all on a Trane a slow flash = normal not in use.
A fast flash = normal in use.

Jumping at the furnace bypasses the wire also...and you could have an issue in the thermostat wiring.

Can you trace the wires and look for any poor connections/damage?

Billy

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will ..thanks

Also if you have extra wires in the thermostat, you can swap.

Lets say we have power on R (red) but it is not getting back on W (white)....swap the white with another wire at both ends ..if available.

As of now the flash says the furnace is normal...the fault is outside of the furnace in the wire or stat.

Billy

BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience: Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just moved the jumper from hf to t-stat..guess what?the new t-stat is defective!Thanks all