HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Hi we have a CT3200A1001 Honeywell thermostat. It appears to

have good batteries however it...
Hi we have a CT3200A1001 Honeywell thermostat. It appears to have good batteries however it won't turn on the heating, AC or the fan. Is the thermostat the problem or something else?
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/26/2013
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

It is likely not the thermostat but we can check.

Do you mind removing the top section of the thermostat to where we can see the thermostat wires?

Billy

Ok I took it off
use a short wire or paperclip shaped in a U..

locate the R terminal and the G terminal. Hold the U so one end is in contact with R and the other with G

Tell me if the indoor blower kicks on.

If I connect the screws on top of R and G with a paper clip nothing happens. The thermostat is set to "off", does that matter?
No,

we just bypassed the thermostat entirely,

Can you tell me the furnace make/model?

Bryant furnace model CD5Axw030017AAAA pilot is on

The number looks like a ac coil number that sits on the furnace.

Is this a older furnace with a standing pilot lit all the time?

I think the pilot is always on we never re-light it. Furnace is over 10 years old I didn't see other model numbers.
Can you take the top door off and look inside the furnace for an id label.

It will go much quicker if I know the unit

Ok I will question though why doesn't the A C turn on either?
The power for both ac and the furnace controls originate in the furnace.

There is 220v for the outdoor ac...but it takes 24v from the furnace to click the switch.

Short story is if furnace doesnt work neither does ac

Got it thanks! Model is 394HAD060100

Thank you.

Can you tell if the furnace has power?

How do I determine that? There is a switch on the side of the furnace in the ON position
Do you have a voltmeter?
Does your version have a quartersized window in blower door to view a light on circuit board?

Any hums?

Is there a screw in fuse in the switch on side of furnace?

There are no lights on or humming if I turn the switch on and off nothing changes. I can hear a very faint click from the area of the pilot light when I turn the switch to OFF position
Do you have a volt meter and the willingness to test for power at pounts I direct?

No we don't have a voltmeter unfortunatelt
How about this....do you mind removing the doors and checking a small fuse inside on the circuit board?

Where is the circuit board? I am very clueless unfortunately

It is behind the bottom door.

Top door comes off first, then bottom door.

But keep in mind we all have a different comfort zone....and do not attempt anything you are not comfortable with.

Billy

I see a 3 amp fuse
correct, we want to see if that fuse is ok....any light on board if you press in the door safety pop out switch?
If you mean the black switch on the left side than no no light just a clicking noise

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX fuse appear good?

It looks like pictures of a 3 amp blade fuse I can find online no evidence of damage
Ok,

well without a voltmeter that kind of stalls us a bit.

It is not thermostat related.

It will likely be a power issue in the furnace itself.

I apologize but without the proper test wequipment that is as far as I can safely go.

I really wish you well on the repair.

Billy

BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
BillyHvac
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech