gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

Hi, Im Dean in Austin. I have an old Trane XL with White-Rodgers

Hi, I'm Dean in Austin. I have an old Trane XL with White-Rodgers 50A51-507 and that ECM interface board American Standard 21C148501P01. The condensate overflowed yesterday and the system stopped working, with the fan not working at all even in fan-only mode. I checked the ECM fan using a Goodman ECM checkout procedure and it works in all modes. Which is great. The White-Rodgers control flashes continuously ok. The American Standard board has burned traces, so is obviously toast. I suppose it fried before it dried out yesterday. I definitely need to replace it. Any idea of the chances that the Am Std board failure cascaded back into the White Rodgers? Thank you!
Russ here.. Trane Service Manager. If your board is flashing normal you should be OK. Furnace board not as sensitive as interface. Russ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good to hear. I've got a replacement interface board on order.

My board was very corroded. The lack of environmental protection for the board is lame, no housing, no conformal coating. Looks like someone just threw it together as a quick interface to the first generation ECMs.

Any suggestions on how to protect the board? Just keep it dry?

Thanks!

There is dialectric spray you can buy to spray on electronics to helps with moisture. The new Trane air handlers have corrected that problem. It is enclosed in a separate compartment. Russ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks much. No further questions. Enjoyed my first experience with Just Answer.

Thanks . If I have helped please press accept I do not get paid unless you do. Russ