A-1 Tech
A-1 Tech, Service Manager
Experience:  I have been in the HVAC business for over 40 years.
8655086

After hooking up the new thermostat(RTH221B1039) I pressed

After hooking up the new thermostat(RTH221B1039) I pressed the set button and got the time. When I pressed the set button and up and down arrows the day would not display.
What do I do? The old one had a RH terminal with a red wire inserted into the H side and a black wire into the R side which jumped over to the C or R side of the RC terminal. I did not take out the metal jumper on the new one. I hooked the red wire into the R terminal and left out the black jumper wire. Should I have done something different?

A-1 Tech :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today

A-1 Tech :

Please give me a few minutes to get information on your new thermostat.

A-1 Tech :

By the way, your wiring is fine, you don't need the black jumper since you have a jumper built in.

Customer:

Hi Ron,

Customer:

I've got to retire for the night. Can we continue Sat. night or Sunday? I'll be out of town. By the way, I made sure switch was off on both old and new stats, but I forgot to disconnect power at the breaker box. Could this have done it? Right now all that's on the wall is the new wall plate until I get back in town.

A-1 Tech :

You should be fine. If I am not here when you return, please relist question and another expert will assist you.

A-1 Tech :

Thank you,

A-1 Tech :

A-1 Tech :

But your wiring is correct according to your statement.

A-1 Tech :

Read your manual again about the programming, I was looking but Honeywell site is down right now.

Customer:

Thanks for trying to help. I'll give you a good rating.