HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Having problem setting up a Honeywell TH5220D thermostat to

a Arcoaire heatpump 4 ton...
Having problem setting up a Honeywell TH5220D thermostat to a Arcoaire heatpump 4 ton unit PHD348. Leads on heatpump are Violet-Emergency heat, White-Auxilary heat, Green-Fan relay, Orange-Changeover valve, Brown-common, Yellow-compressor contact, Blue-DH, Gray-for 3 phase use.(not using 3 phase). How connections are needed on the TH5220D, and what shoud the program setup be in this thermostat. Thank. Dker
8/23/2013
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Hello.My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help.Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment.Let's get started and see what we can do!
I will be glad to assist you with this,first , do you not have a red? We should have a red for power.

Sorry: I do have a red

Excellent.Here is how to wire:
Red to R with jumper to RC
Green to G
Orange to O/B
Violet to E
White to AUX
Brown to C
Yellow to Y
Blue tape off (unused
Gray tape off (Unused)
Next we will configure thermostat to match your system.

Great, Thanks Tim

Now do you know how to enter the installer setup menu?

Yes

Then in Installer setup :
Function 1 should be 5
Function 2 should be 0
Function 3 should be 1
Function 5 should be 9
Function 6 should be 9
Function 8 should be 9
Function 9 should be 3
Function 10 should be 3
Function 12 is your choice
Function 14 0 for Fahrenheit or 1 for Celsius
Function 15 should be 5
Function 26,27 and 28 are up to you

Tim, on the thermostat installation instructions there is an L for relay, is that anything that should be considered. (Typical 2H/1C heatpump system)

You will not need anything connected to that L terminal. It is an output terminal.We will not be using it.
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Great, Thanks Tim you've been a great help.

Thanks for allowing me to help. After rating answer, feel free to come back to follow up should you have any more questions.
airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician