HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Hello, I have a Bryant/Carrier model#FK4CNF002 and the motor

Hello, I have a Bryant/Carrier model#FK4CNF002...
I have a Bryant/Carrier model#FK4CNF002 and the motor (model# XXXXX) has stopped working completely. The outside condenser & thermostat are working fine, but the motor will not come on. I had a technician come by and he stated that the motor was not getting its 24 volts, only 13. After he fixed that issue, the motor would not come on. He stated that I would have to replace both the motor and the control panel, at a cost of $1500. I thought that was excessive, but the motor is listed on the $700 to $800 range online. Could I replace that motor with the model# XXXXX or would that be something that would not work? Furthermore, is there a less expensive "plug & play" motor that could be inserted?
8/1/2013
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

gotoman for ac : Russ here.. On Carrier 99% of time it is the module. Moduke and motor have to be nmatched. If you wanted to get away frm that costly a motor. You can put a standard 1/2 hp 3 speed motor for about 200.00 includes relay. Ruus
Customer:

Ok, just to make sure I understand you (and I do have a tendency to assume too much ... lol), but if I replace the module (part# XXXXX) that should suffice, correct?

gotoman for ac : Yes. Like I said 99% of time it is module. Russ
Customer:

Thank you.

gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician