How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 8768
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What are the part numbers of adapters that are needed to convert

This answer was rated:

What are the part numbers of adapters that are needed to convert some 30-year old Honeywell V8043E1061 hydronic valves to the newer model V8943E1012?
Welcome to Just Answer!

Is this the old valve you have? CLICK HERE

Those are still available and it will be easier to just replace them as they are. Those are called ' male Flare' fittings.

The new model valve number did not come up on a computer check.

However, in either case there is no part number for an 'adapter' those are standard fittings and you would just fit the pipe to new valve if you decide to go with the new valve .... you would be using the compatible fittings off the shelf at any plumbing supply to make those connections, All you need to know is the pipe size, then take the valve so the store can fit you with the appropriate fittings...most likely the same size flare... or possibly sweat fittings... they would simply sell you 'sweat adapters' to fit your existing pipe to the size on the valve.

I see no reason however to change the valve to the new model, can you tell me why you want to make that change? There are risks involved, port size and wiring may be different.

Let me know, we can go from there without any time limit until we arrive at a satisfactory solution.

I will be in another half hour tonight, then back in the morning ..there are no time limits here as long as you rate my ongoing work *positively, I hold the question open in that case.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Sorry for the limited amount of info I sent. Yes, the picture the click brought up is what I have except that mine are sweat solder, and my basic goal is to get them working again without having to resolder. Incidentally, the 1012 is shown in the list of items ordered/examined by other customers at the bottom of the page. I was told by a supplier about three years ago that Honeywell no longer made repair parts for the 1061 and that they were switching over to the 1012. He gave me two part numbers that supposedly will convert the 1061 to the 1012: an adaptor kit-Honeywell # XXXXX 3918-006, and a power head-Honeywell #4000 3816-026. I've not had any luck in finding a source for those parts. I do have a 1012 sitting here on my desk and the only exterior difference I can see is that the 1012 has spacers which provide an air gap between the body and the power head--probably for keeping the head cooler.


There's no urgency--it will be quite a while before I need to turn the heat on, but we have put our house up for sale, and we don't know when it will go. Many thanks for your efforts. Bill

Hello again Bill, If you can't find those parts after all that looking and time spent, I probably cannot find them either.

Maybe you can just buy a new flare nut connected 1061 and use those parts to rebuild your sweat fitting valve... the internal parts would be the same.

Let me know what you think of that, we can go from there.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Phil--

"Maybe you can just buy a new flare nut connected 1061 and use those parts to rebuild your sweat fitting valve... the internal parts would be the same." This is a definite possibility, but the last salesman I delt with gave me a 1012 when I ordered a 1061--he didn't know what the difference meant or even that there was a difference! I'll check on local availability of the 1061, and then decide whether to get three of them and use all of the parts except the body or get two more 1012s and rebuild the three-valve manifold from scratch since the bodies are different.


I have to admit that as an 81 year old, retired ME I'm feeling lazy! But I guess it wouldn't hurt me too much to do some real work. This heating system was installed in an addition I had added to our house and represents my sole venture in HVAC--almost all of my professional work has been in Test Engineering and gas dynamics.


My conclusion is that I will take one of those two routes. I rather prefer the 1012 because if Honeywell felt that the 1061 should be changed, they should know what they are talking about.


Many thanks for your help--having someone to bounce a problem off of is a real help. Bill

(PS I assume some kind of a rating form will appear sooner or later--I'll return it when it does.)

Hello again, the change honeywell made might make the valve 20% more reliable... but a new set of internals for the old one will likely last another 10 or 20 years.

I am 72 myself, so I am impressed that you are still sharp as a tack at 81... I hope I do as well. I am living in Antigua Guatemala now, very nice watching all the volcano's smoking and the seniorita's walking around... you can live decently here for 300 or 400 dollars per month... and quite well renting a house on the outskirts of the town for $600 to $700 a month....the young ladies rush around on motor scooters here...and all the delivery men arrive with shot gun toting guards... makes me feel really safe :)

I will put the ratings box up now so you can rate my responses.


Phil and other HVAC Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Phil--I'm a little ashamed for not checking myself for those numbers. It's been about three years since I started looking, but I didn't keep looking. Those two parts, the adaptor and the power head for the V8043 E 1061-1012 conversion are almost common as dirt now! The adapter plates I ordered from Amazon, and the power heads from Lowes (similar to Home Depot)! With luck the system should be back together in a short time. Thanks again for your efforts. Bill

Good work! Let me know if it all fits.


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Still waiting for the parts to arrive. Amazon called and said it wouldn't be until the end of July for the adaptors.


I don't have any more questions at the moment. Thanks again, Phil--Bill

Ok thanks, stay in touch,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Phil--The power heads for my V8043E 1012 zone valves finally arrived
from Lowes today! Unfortunately, I've got to take a couple trips so it will
probably be the weekend of 8/25 before I get a chance to install them.
I'll let you know the results. Thanks again, Bill

I appreciate that, and am a bit surprised that Lowes was willing to order those sorts of parts for you. Thats a well run store to say the least.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Phil--I finished the conversions yesterday after numerous interruptions. I did find it a bit awkward with my big paws trying to get teensy little 8-32 screws into place. But luck triumphed, and everything got back together. Testing showed that all three valves are working as they should with no leaks or sparks. So the heating system ought to be a bit more efficient this coming winter.


Thanks again for you thoughts and help. Bill

Very good work! on all fronts.

Thanks for letting me know how it worked out.
(ignore my sig file please, our server has it stuck in place)