MattR757
MattR757, HVAC Technician
Experience:  18+ Years experience in residential and commercial HVAC service and repair
65306941

My son has a Whalen Co hvac model VI-AI-600-1. Ref model No

My son has a Whalen Co hvac model VI-AI-600-1. Ref model No is WA6-B1C. It went out a month ago and local contractor has been unable to get a replacement unit from Whalen, although contractor says Whalen has order, just hasn't shipped.

Are there other units that could be used. A bit hot in Nebraska. Is Whalen still in business, haven't been able to get them to answer phone.

Keith

I'm Michelle and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Michelle~Moderator
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have not had a response to my question. I will wait.

Keith

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Michelle-Moderator
Hello again,

We are still working with our professionals’ to find you the best possible match. But I wanted to touch base to see if you were still needing our professional's assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,

Michelle~Moderator
Whalen - although a minor manufacturer - is still in business - I find that with some makers the product line moves to improvement and some older products become obsolete very quickly.

I'm sorry you are having problems - It is likely that there are many options for replacement outside of the original brand that might have better serviceability. I would advise that you contact some other local contractors for replacement options.
MattR757, HVAC Technician
Experience: 18+ Years experience in residential and commercial HVAC service and repair