BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I think I have the same Westinghouse fan motor that Fasco makes

I think I have the same Westinghouse fan motor that Fasco makes a replacement for. I have a old Intertherm mobile home furnace/AC unit and the Westinghouse fan finally died. I can't find a Westinghouse motor to replace it and it is a 1/3 HP 4spd that uses a cap..though it doesn't use all 4 speeds a 3 speed would probably do at about 1050 RPM..115 volt..The Interthern model is MAC 1155
It appears the motor has already been changed on this unit.

The original shows as a 2 speed 1/8 hp.

Does it appear that the motor has been changed before?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes it does seem that the original motor was replaced..this one never worked correctly and finally died. Do you have the replacement model number?

The original motor is HERE

As you see there can be other motors used like generic "fits all" motors.

You can use those also, I just show the original as a 2 speed motor.

If you want other options please let me know as I would be glad to help.

Billy

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This unit had AC added but I'm assuming that the 1/8 2speed is sufficient

If you wish, I can find the number of a 1/3 hp replacement for you. You will just leftover/unused speeds.

Billy

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I could probably use the 1/3 since AC was added and it is a psc motor with it's own mount and capacitor.

Sorry for the delay.

Here is a replacement 1/3 hp.

Blower Motor 1/3 hp direct drive

Billy

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't know if I can use this motor. what is in there isn't band mounted. it's mounted on an external bracket that attaches to the back of the motor

Hang on a few minutes...working on another

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I got the blower motor out.. it is an old Westinghouse with it's own mounting bracket rivetted to it. The bracket goes completely around the motor and attaches at the hubs or ends of the motor and then on the housing. If I have I to can drill out the rivets or find a motor with the same type of mounting bracket. I can send a jpeg if that will help.This is a 4 speed that was only running on 1 winding and was still far too fast. it always sounded like the thing was going to take off.it burned out instead...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes-exactly except that the bracket was built around the motor it is not actually part of the frame..but your pic is the closest I've seen as soon as I get my camera charged I'll send you a pic of my mounting frame

Thank you.

As soon as I get pic I will check archive

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is there a way i can use my email (Yahoo!) to send you a jpg attachment I can't figure out how to use your add\edit image function.

Try to store it at www.mediafire.com and then send me the link to it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Here is thehttp://www.mediafire.com/?7cm6mzkyd6qwfci mediafire link I ran out of time 81 degrees inside and got a blower motor in town at an appliance parts place. My mounting bracket has to have a certain type of hub on the motor..so I drilled out the rivets and changed the hubs from the old motor to the new one and i will have to see if it will work. it is a 1/3 HP blower motor by Wagner motors of Georgia.

I understnad totally.

The good thing is that you sound mechanically minded enough to make this work.

If you hit a glitch let me know.

Billy