HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Heil furnace pilot lights, ignition fan runs, however no gas

ignition. After 1 min...
Heil furnace pilot lights, ignition fan runs, however no gas ignition. After 1 min everything stops and Honeywell SV9541 flashes 6 times for lockout.
5/13/2013
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

with this issue and the fact that it is a SmartValve there is little to do unless you are well versed with a volt meter.

The only action that can be done before seeing if the sensor/pilot assembly is bad or the valve itself...is to clean the sensor with steel wool. The sensor is the rod in the pilot.

On start up the small rectanglee ignitor glows...then the pilot flame is lit....then the flame hits the sensor...sensor sends signal to gas valve and then full ignition occurrs.

Are you seeing just the glow from the ignitor or do you actully see the pilot flame ignite?

Billy

cleaned the sensor, pilot lights - blue flame however no ignition. Saw that there is a replacement # XXXXX on the part Honeywell Q3400A1024 looks like between $60-$100. Also found that there is a kit to determine the function of the ignition sensor - https://customer.honeywell.com/resources/techlit/TechLitDocuments/69-0000s/69-1180.pdf

Should I try out a replacement for the sensor?

End of flame sensor is definately in the pilot light flow, glows bright red but still no ignition of main.

Here is the troubleshooting guide for your valve.

Service Manual

If any issues let me know.

BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
BillyHvac
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech