Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

I have a Bryant 601A Heat Pump. The outside units fan is

I have a Bryant 601A Heat Pump. The outside unit's fan is running continuously. Is this a normal operation? The outside air tempture is range is 48 to 80 degrees F.

Brian HVAC Guy :

Hi, I'm Brian and my goal is to diligently answer your HVAC/R questions to your complete satisfaction! No this is not a normal running condition. The outdoor fan should only run when the system is calling for heating or cooling. The outdoor fan on a heat pump is controlled by a defrost control circuit board so there may be an issue with that.

Customer:

Thanks for the help.

You are most welcome! Thank you for the positive rating and thank you for using Pearl.com/Just Answer. If you have a follow up question regarding this issue feel free to post it here at no additional charge.

Good luck,
Brian