HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Vaillant ecoMAX No Pressure on valve. How do I restore

Vaillant ecoMAX No Pressure on valve...
Vaillant ecoMAX

No Pressure on valve. How do I restore
12/8/2012
Bill P.
Bill P., HVAC Mechanic

Bill P. :

Hi there

Customer:

Hey

Customer:

So, what do I need to do?

Bill P. :

Do you mean on the guage there is no pressure showing?

Customer:

I think so, the dail is not between the ranges it should be.

Customer:

I get the F.25 error

Customer:

I have switched it off and on a few times but nothing.

Bill P. :

what is the guage reading?

Customer:

I have read some of the materials and am thinking it needs to be 'filled' but not sure how this is done

Customer:

will take a look. brb

Bill P. :

Can you trace the water supply pipe to the boiler, not the ones that supply heat, but one that brings fresh water

Customer:

its between the 0 and 1 so 0.5

Bill P. :

there will be a valve on this pipe, that we can open and raise the pressure

Bill P. :

Good,ok that is too low

Customer:

I am on my pc, need to move to the ipad so I can take you with me. will be right back

Bill P. :

ok

Customer: Ok now on iPad
Customer: Yes can see both pipes
Customer: One appears to be the main, bigger than others
Customer: noothers no, that's the drainage
Customer: So I have identified the cold water supply to boiler
Bill P. :

ok

Bill P. :

do you see a valve close to the boiler

Customer: There is a red cap thing do you mean this
Bill P. :

it will either have a lever or knob

Bill P. :

IS the red cap thing on the pipe you figure is the supply?

Bill P. :

the red knob may be pressure relief Valve, opposite of what we want lol

Customer: There is a black plastic thing sticking out, looking in manual to provide proper name
Bill P. :

black small lever

Bill P. :

yes that might be it

Customer: Ok
Customer: Do you want me to do something with it
Customer: Should I turn anything off?
Customer: Red thing is pressure releave valve
Bill P. :

sorry your connection keeps going on and off, hence the delay

Customer: Sorry, rubbish Internet connection. Thank you so much for helping
Bill P. :

Yes that lever, you can pull it up or down (depending on how its situated) and if there is pressure there, it should allow water into the boiler, watch that guage and you can bring it to lets say 1.2 bar for now

Customer: It's a bit stiff
Customer: But yes it is moving :)
Customer: You did it. Thank you so much xxx
Bill P. :

hopefully it shut off once its flowing, you may have to tap it off

Bill P. :

once the temp is up, you can add a little more if it needs it, it shouldnt be higher than 2 bar, and not lower than 1

Bill P.
Bill P., HVAC Mechanic
Hi, Im just putting this message here because for some reason the question was stuck on the board even though we had finished.
Thanks for using Just Answer!
Bill P.
Bill P.
Bill P., HVAC Mechanic