I have installed a new Rheem Heat Pump system which includes: a Rheem air handler, heat pump, and a electronic air cleaner. The model numbers are:
-13PJL36A01/RHSLHM3617JA - 3 Ton 13 SEER R410a Refrigerant Rheem
- Heat Pump Air Conditioner Split System
- [RXBH Heat Strips:RXBH1724A10J - 10kw (34,100 BTU)]
The system cools very well.
The system will heat when set to emergency heat using the backup electric heater
The heat pump shutsdown after 1 minute, 30 seconds of operation while in Heat mode.
Here is my debugging of the system:
1. Thermostat is set for heat and 90deg. F.
2. System starts
3. Lo Pressure reads 238 /80deg. F, Hi Pressure 240psi/81deg. F after settling out.
4. Interior Temperature: 73 deg. F.
5. Exterior Temperature: 87 deg. F.
6. Compressor runs for 1:36 minutes. During that time, there is a rattling sound in the outdoor unit. Compressor emits slightly warm air. AH is air temperature neutral, suction line is warm.
8. AH is still running.
9. LED2=blinking, LED1=OFF.
10. 5 minutes Timeout.
11. Go to 1.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.