gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

i have a trane model number TUD080C936K4. The ac comes on when

i have a trane model number TUD080C936K4. The ac comes on when called for but airflow seems low. checked the fan terminals on board and for some reason the only fan terminal powered is the heat hi terminal. There is no output on the cool hi terminal. Is this situation some type of default for board failure? I have placed the hi speed fan lead onto this terminal to maintain flow but i guess the board needs to be replaced? How can i be sure the hi fan speed is correct? Should i be able to hear the difference in speed clearly between the hi and med hi fan speeds?

gotoman for ac :

Yo will be able to here the difference in speeds. Does fan shut down? When you try fan in on psotion at thermostat does the fan speed up . Russ

Customer:

doesn't sound like it but i can get the fan to come on when checked all leads on the heat hi terminal

Customer:

sorry yes the fan shuts off and on with thermostat

gotoman for ac :

Unplug the heat fan speed and place the cool fan speed in that position. See if fan runs on high. We are just checking high speed. Russ

Customer:

yes fan runs

gotoman for ac :

If fan runs ok in high. You have a bad fan board you will need to replace it. If you need source get back to me. Russ

Customer:

yes a source would be helpful

gotoman for ac :

Look on board and give me model number of board. It will be White Roger 50a . Will need the rest of numbers.

Customer:

50A65-475-05

gotoman for ac :

Go to www.heatingandcoolingwarehouse.com Type part number CNT05165 Price 134.70 Russ